English Version is Trial!

کاربران فارسی زبان لطفا به بخش فارسی مراجعه نمایند.

سیویلیکا به زبان فارسی

Advanced Search

Title
Author
(Last name)
Abstract
Keywords

About CIVILICA®

CIVILICA® provides professional papers published in national and international conferences.

This site is registered for BoomSazeh Construction Technology Development Co.

 

Contact Us:

Tel: 021-88008044

Email: Info [at]  CIVILICA [dot] com

 

 
Home Page E-mail us to: Info @ CIVILICA . com Tel: +98-21-88008044

ISSN 1735-5540   

 

Quick Search in Title, Abstract, and Keywords of Papers

Showing Abstract of Irrigation quality of ground water of 106 villages in Jhang district

 
Links

[ Bug Reporting | Back | See this Article in Persian CIVILICA ]

Paper Details

[ Abstract Viewed: | Pages: 11 ]

Title

Irrigation quality of ground water of 106 villages in Jhang district

Topic: Published Year: 1390
Presentation:
Published in:

[ International Conference on Traditional Knowledge for Water Resources Management ]

Original Language: English Full Text Size: Not Available

 

Abstract of the Article

 

Note: English CIVILICA is in its Trial Period so Full Texts can not be provided! Persian users can download it here

Download This article in PDF format Irrigation quality of ground water of 106 villages in Jhang district

 

Authors:

[ Tahir Maqsood ] - Corressponding author
[ Rana M. Iqbal ] - Directorate of Land Reclamation, Punjab, Canal Bank Mughalpura Lahore
[ Ch Muhammad Saleem ] - Directorate of Land Reclamation, Punjab, Canal Bank Mughalpura Lahore
[ Muhammad Shafiq ] - Directorate of Land Reclamation, Punjab, Canal Bank Mughalpura Lahore

 

Abstract:

A study was conducted in 106 villages of Jhang district to assess the suitability of ground water for irrigation. Water sampling was done four times i.e. pre-mon soon 2003, post-mon 2003, pre-mon soon 2004 and post-mon soon 2004. Chemical analysis was done for electrical conductivity (EC), sodium adsorption ratio (SAR), and residual sodium carbonate (RSC). Out of total 106 water samples, 30 (28.3%) were unfit and remaining 76 (71.7%) were fit for irrigation. Eighteen samples (16.98%) had electrical conductivity higher than permissible limit (i.e. ≥1.50 dS m-1), 7 samples (6.6%) were found with high SAR [i.e. ≥10 (m mol L-1)0.]], and 19 samples (17.92%) had high RSC (i.e. ≥2.5 me L-1). It can be inferred from data that quality of available ground water in some of the villages is not suitable for sustainable crop production and soil health

 

Keywords:

Ground water, EC, SAR, RSC

 

CIVILICA® - © BoomSazeh Construction Technology Development Co.

SAVAFA